How does Explorers Academy determine eligibility?
Explorers Academy enrollment is based on the needs of participating families. The “Family Size Income Guidelines” shown below are established annually by the U.S. Government. At least 90% of Explorers Academy families must meet these income guidelines. Before over-income families can be accepted, Explorers Academy must offer available enrollment slots to income-eligible families. Income requirements can be waived for children with special needs. Families with homeless children, foster children or on TANF are automatically eligible for Explorers Academy.
Family Size Income Guidelines
|# of Family Members||2017-2018 Income Guidelines|
|over 8||add $4,180 for each additional person|
Children ages 3 to 5 years old are eligible for Explorers Academy. Children must turn 3 or 4 before September 10th of the school year for which the family is applying.
How can I apply?
There are three easy ways to apply:
- Visit our main office at 615 N 19th Street, Billings
- Call our main office at 406-245-7233
- Click here to fill out our new online application! (If you need help filling out this online application please call 245-7233, ext. 201 for assistance)
- If you have questions, email us at email@example.com!
What to bring to your Enrollment Appointment:
- Income Verification (Tax Return, W2, Social Security Statements, Check Stubs, TANF Statement, Foster Care Verification, Homeless Verification, Child Support)
- If you do not have a tax return and/or W2, we are required to verify 12 months of income.
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s Shot Record
- If your child has a diagnosed disability, please bring in any verifying documents (IEP, IFSP, information from your child’s doctor, etc)
- Medical and Dental Check Ups (2 pages)