How does Head Start, Inc. determine eligibility?
Head Start, Inc. enrollment is based on the income levels of participating families. The “Family Size Income Guidelines” shown below are established annually by the U.S. Government. At least 90% of Head Start, Inc. families must meet these income guidelines. Before over-income families can be accepted, Head Start must offer available enrollment slots to income-eligible families. Income requirements can be waived for children with special needs. Families with foster children or on TANF are automatically eligible for Head Start.
Family Size Income Guidelines
|# of Family Members||2017-2018 Income Guidelines|
|over 8||add $4,180 for each additional person|
Children ages 3 to 5 years old are eligible for Head Start. Children must turn 3 or 4 before September 10th of the school year for which the family is applying.
How can I apply?
There are two great ways to apply:
- Visit our main office at 615 N 19th Street, Billings
- Call our main office at 406-245-7233
- Email questions to email@example.com
What to bring to your Enrollment Appointment:
- Income Verification (Tax Return, W2, Social Security Statements, Check Stubs, TANF Statement, Foster Care Verification, Homeless Verification, Child Support)
- If you do not have a tax return and/or W2, we are required to verify 12 months of income.
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s Shot Record
- If your child has a diagnosed disability, please bring in any verifying documents (IEP, IFSP, information from your child’s doctor
- Medical and Dental Check Ups (2 pages)